[Tb] math on HTML Export?

From: Scott Price <sprice>
Date: Tue May 24 2005 - 12:29:35 EDT

At 10:30 AM -0400 5/20/05, Lee Phillips wrote:
>I realize that this may not be your cup of tea, but I think that
>the most flexible and powerful approach to these problems is to
>pass your exported Tinderbox files through a script.

That would definitely be the most flexible and powerful approach.
While it would work for me and my current task, it wouldn't work
toward my larger goal.

What's happening is that I've played around until I can get a fair
approximation of the Tinderbox Map View exported to HTML... notes are
positioned properly, and you can even click on a note's title to
burrow down into the note. However, the units which Tinderbox uses
for size and positioning are units of approximately "3 em". This
means that while my HTML-ed map view has notes which are the right
color, font, and border... the entire map view is about 1/3 the
*size* it should be. All the notes are too close together, and if I
let the attributes determine their size, they're too small.

I can't export with: "^get(sizeAttribute)^0px;" because decimals are
allowed and I'd turn "3.5" into "3.50" rather than "35". I think
that I have to do math. A post-export process would work for me, but
I can't advise my less geeky friends to install and run a python
script if they want to use the technique.

So I can picture a way to do this with JavaScript, but it's going to
be MESSY. I've posted my templates in case folks with post-export
processors would like to adapt them before I Pollack them with JS:

http://www.textuality.org/archive/2005/05/tinderboxmapview.html

Thank you!
--Scott