[Tb] OPML script, draft 1

From: Marc-Antoine Parent <maparent__AT__mac.com>
Date: Thu Mar 31 2005 - 06:53:38 EST

Good day, all!
This is a first draft of an OPML to Tinderbox stylesheet. Not very
advanced, it is a first draft. It expects exslt extensions, which are
found in some XSLT processors, especially xsltproc. I remind you that I
maintain an up-to-date build of those libraries here:
<http://maparent.webhop.net/tinderbox/libxml.pkg.tgz> (For Panther;
installs in /usr/local/bin)

(For those who hate the command line, you may also try TestXSLT:
<http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/welcome.html#testxslt> . But I
find that its version of xsltproc, in
TestXSLT.app/Contents/MacOS/xsltproc, is far from up to date; you would
have to replace it with the version from my libxml build. )

This stylesheet needs to know the tinderbox Creator, which can be put
in the stylesheet text, or specified as a param on the command line,
thus:

xsltproc --stringparam default-creator maparent opml2tbx.xsl
sampleFile.opml > sampleFile.tbx

There is another param, which specifies which attribute should be put
into the text node, as OPML does not have a fixed content attribute
(sigh.)

I will take comments and post it on my site when it is a bit more
polished.

Thank you,
Marc-Antoine Parent
http://maparent.webhop.net