[Tb] Printing maps

From: Jim Allman <jim__AT__ibang.com>
Date: Thu Sep 02 2004 - 12:39:58 EDT

Lee,

Thanks for the tips. My setup is similar, Tb 2.2 on OS X 10.3.5.

It looks like these printing/export problems are on the radar at
Eastgate (search for "printing"):
        http://www.eastgate.com/wiki/wiki.cgi?AskHere

So I've tinkered with the placement of my notes on the map, and now I
can get partial results but no joy. The output's not random, but I
haven't figured out the rules yet.

On Sep 2, 2004, at 11:52 AM, Lee Phillips wrote:
> For me, (TB 2.2, Mac OS X 10.3.2) printing to PDF sort of works; the
> only problem
> is that the note labels are super small.

I see what you mean about tiny labels in the PDF output. For what it's
worth, you'll get better results (proportionally larger text) if you
set the map's scale to -4, using the scale widget at lower left.

> I tried Edit > Copy view picture and it worked perfectly. The only
> problem here is that the result is only 72dpi, so it's ok for
> putting on a web page but would not make a very good printout.

Changing map scale also affects the output of Edit > Copy view picture
in interesting ways. It's possible that a combination of large text
(set in prefs) and small map scale would produce a print-quality map.

Oh well, back to work.

   =jimA=

Jim Allman
Interrobang Digital Media