[Tb] Ease of use

From: Oliver Wrede <Wrede__AT__fh-aachen.de>
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 10:40:27 EST

Am 29.03.2004 um 16:25 schrieb Lee Phillips:

>> I also tried to find something out about macros although I don't think
>> they are an appropriate way to edit lists in a note. But I haven't
>> seen
>> a proper description of the macro feature. The documents (TB 2.1)
>> don't
>> say anything about Macros. I found hints (like this one
>> http://markbernstein.org/Oct0301/MoreonMacros.html), but I couldn't do
>> macros myself, because there is no information about how to actually
>> _define_ a macro.
>
> That's odd. The user manual for 2.1 explains how to use macros and, of
> course, how to define them.

After reading your comment I reviewed the manual. There is a section
about "Using macros" that describes the macro call and the definition
(using $1 and $2). Now that I had Jeremys description I was able to
puzzle it. The displayed examples only show the actual call.

I didn't get it right away. I was looking for "macros" similar to
actions or simple scripts that define some kind of procedural or
conditional logic.

Regards,
Oliver