[Tb] Synching to Webdav?

From: Oliver Wrede <Wrede__AT__fh-aachen.de>
Date: Sat Mar 27 2004 - 18:34:20 EST

Am 26.03.2004 um 10:37 schrieb jcherfas__AT__mac.com:

> Because my TB site is hosted at .Mac I can use the automatic synching
> available with iDisk. But that may not be an option for you.

No. I wish this background synchronization feature of iDisk would be
available for any WebDav location.

Anyway I finally figured out that the UNIX tool "sitecopy" is the one I
want in combination with Cronnix. It is available here:
http://www.lyra.org/sitecopy/

I was able to compile the source on OS 10.3.3 with Developer Tools
installed without any problems (so fink-version on that site was not
required for me).

The update of the remote site is quite quick. I haven't been able to
update via Webdav although my server supports it (Zope) and the docs
say it was tested with that server.

In my setup I need this command in Cronnix

        /usr/local/bin/sitecopy --silent -k -u weblog

My config file (.sitecopyrc):

site weblog
        server 62.146.222.156
        port 10021
        remote "/remote_folder/"
        local "/Users/owrede/Weblog/exported files/"
        username <username>
        password <password>
        protocol ftp
        http expect
        exclude .DS_Store

In fact - because I use a Zope server on the remote side I need to put
some more things - put I will give that info upon request, because it
may irritate others that would like to check sitecopy out and it may
also be special to my setup.

Regards,
Oliver Wrede