[Tb] Re: Learning curve too steep

From: David J Garbutt <d.garbutt__AT__intergga.ch>
Date: Wed Feb 25 2004 - 16:48:25 EST

> Others have identified that it does take work, and that one of the
> problems is that out of the box it isn't at all clear what TB is
> capable of. I've gleaned some of the purposes that people use it for by
> lurking on the forum and the wiki, but it seems to me that the several
> pleas for a set of templates or even ghost TB files set up to do a
> particular thing are going ignored.
I must confess some guilt here, I promised Mark the templates for the
www.tabatabai.ch web site (in which my goal was to create a (static) web
site where the writer of the content could just organise their information
and move it around - to find the site and its navigation rebuilt by the
template).
I almost achieved that, the only problem was the user had to actually create
a note holding the navigation sidebar when it was re-structured.

So I asked for some extra features, and amazingly they have made it into 2.1
- so I think it can be done now.
But I moved house in September and a lovely daughter arrived in mid-October,
so no time yet for template creation and tidying.
On the plus side she is immensely gorgeous :-)

--
Dave Garbutt
Ingelsteinweg 4d