[Tb] Glitches: action inheritance and application

From: Lee Phillips <lee__AT__lee-phillips.org>
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 16:14:23 EDT

When I start a new note it is convenient that Tinderbox sets the
prototype to be the last one I used; however, the action defined
for that prototype is not entered. I need to manually select a
different prototype and then reselect the one I want: then the
action appears. Thus the convenience of having the prototype
preselected is lost. Inheritance of prototypes was added in 2.0.0.

Here is a subtle issue; not a bug by any means, but a nit:
It appears that actions are applied as soon as a note is
created. I have some actions that depend on attributes of a
note; so I create a note in a container that has the action defined,
edit its attributes, its text, and close the note's window. The
actions defined in the container are all applied except for the
ones that depend on the attributes' values, because those were not
set until after the note was created, when I edited them. If I
drag the note out of the container and back in (conveniently using
undo to reverse the drag) then those actions are performed. I'm sure
this only bugs _me_ and that it might not even be a good idea
to change the behavior, but I thought I would mention it anyway.