[Tb] HTML Export and re-uploading

From: Lee Phillips <lee__AT__lee-phillips.org>
Date: Thu Apr 15 2004 - 11:22:09 EDT

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 11:43:34PM +0200, Oliver Wrede wrote:

> That sounds interesting. Just the *change parts*?
>
> You mean if I just change the title in 100 pages by 5 characters only
> those 500 Bytes (+protocol overhead) get uploaded?

More or less; the files are divided into blocks that are compared between the two
locations. There is an academic paper somewhere describing the algorithm that
you can find with Google. Usually you run it over ssh to the remote machine, so the
transfer is encrypted, too, and you can dispense with passwords if you have your
ssh keys set up (this allows running unattended with a script, e.g.).