[Tb] Introduction

From: Marc-Antoine Parent <maparent__AT__mac.com>
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 14:58:55 EST

> Well, I suppose one manner of help would be perspectives on hidden
> possibilities that might elude a casual and relatively dumb user like
> myself.

Yah, right ;-)

There is a world of possibilities due to the fact that TB has a native
XML format. No, it is not the only one of the series to have it;
OmniOutliner and Leo also do, and probably others.
(Shared Space, which you missed as it is not stricto sensu an outliner,
but close enough to others in the category to deserve mention, also has
a XML base... among other things)

But I feel that TB gives us the most versatile UI over XML data. I wish
I could do more with agents, but I find myself programming what I need
using a combination of XSLT and Python, and then visualizing the result
again in TB for direct manipulation. (And then XSLTing again to
ShadowPlan to carry the data around on my Palm!)
This is all the wonder of XML. I would never again give my data to an
app without an XML format...

Marc-Antoine